Things to Do
Hunting & Fishing
The De Smet area is home to countless acres of land open for hunting. Rules for Walking area, etc, are provided upon check in. Local lakes include Lake Thompson, Lake Henry, Dry lake 1, Dry Lake 2, Lake...
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society Ingalls Homestead Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant Loftus Store Father DeSmet Statue
De Smet Super Deluxe Inn & Suites lies directly on a 160 mile long snowmobiling trail. Trails are open December 15 - March 31. Trail conditions map is current and updated Monday-Friday. For more...
There are many places to eat in De Smet:Oxbow Restaurant - 1-800-854-9988 The Cowboy C Store - 1-605-854-3553 Ward's Store and Bakery - 1-605-854-3914 Country View - 1-605-854-3134 Dairy Queen -...
- Shade Vinyards in Volga 35 miles
- Harvey Dunn museum at SDSU 45 miles
- Aberdeen SD fun park- Story book Island 125 miles
- McCrorey Gardens- Brookings Sd 45 miles...
SD Antique Guides
- Brookings SD- Threads of Memories antiques 45 miles
- Brookings Sd Arts in the Park 45 miles
- Huron SD State Fair - around labor day 30 miles
- Watertown Sd Terry Redlin Art...
- City of De Smet Website
- De Smet Tourism Website
- Carthage Straw bale museum 26 miles
- SDSU Icecream 45 miles
- Prairie Village in Madison Sd. www.prairievillage.org 55 miles
- Mitchell Corn...